Reset Password

Your search results

Malta Visas

Whether you need a visa to learn English in Malta depends on your nationality and the length of your stay.
Check out this list of nationalities which need a visa to enter Malta for 90 
days or less and those nationalities which do not need a visa to enter Malta for 90 days or less.

If you require a visa in order to enter Malta,then you must apply for one of the following:

a) a long term/national visa (Schengen Type D) from Malta’s diplomatic missions or consular posts which will cover the full duration of your stay.
Students on a type D visa cannot extend their stay once in Malta.
b) a short-stay visa (Schengen Type C) when applying at representations, where Malta has no consular post. Students on a type C Visa staying for a period longer than the maximum 90 days must then apply for a Temporary Residence Permit once in Malta in order to continue their studies.
All embassies will ask you to provide some documents when applying for a visa. Below is a list of what is generally asked for but please note that this may vary from embassy to embassy:

  • Passport
  • Copy of the main page of the passport
  • One passport-size photograph
  • Application form
  • Invitation letter in original (no email, no fax) mentioning personal and passport details of the applicant/s, duration of the stay, duration of the course, cost and whether the fee of the course has been paid or not
  • Confirmation of payment of the course
  • Confirmation of the place where the applicant will stay (hotel, family, friends…)
  • Flight reservation from your country to Malta
  • Declaration from the school
  • Medical insurance
  • Financial guaranty (minimum 28 Euro per day of stay)
  • Certificate of personal address in your country
  • Family information
  • Visa fee: 82USD up to 90 days, 102 USD more than 90 days (approximate)

Some accommodations increase their price in summer season, contact our team for more information.