Reset Password

Your search results

Short-term Student visa

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:

-You’re doing a short course of study in the UK
-You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
-Have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
-Have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds,
or that relatives and friends can support and house you
-Can pay for your return or onward journey

If you’re under 18 you must also:
-Have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
-Have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

What you can and can’t do

-Do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a
training course

-Do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

-Study at a state school
-Work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business
-Extend this visa
-Bring family members (‘dependants’) with you – they must apply separately
-Get public funds

How long you can stay

You can stay in the UK for:

-6 months – for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research if you’re 18 or over
-11 months – if you’re 18 or over and taking an English language course

How long it takes

-You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
-You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.


It costs:
£89 for a 6 month visa
£170 for an 11 month visa

Documents you must provide

When you apply you need to provide:
-A current passport or other valid travel identification
-Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or
payslips for the last 6 months
-Details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you shouldn’t pay for
accommodation or travel until you get your visa
-Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
-Contact details for at least one parent or guardian in your home country (if you’re under 18 years old)
You need to provide the original documents.
You also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in
English or Welsh.
You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.

Documents about your course

You must provide proof of the course you’re studying, eg a letter of acceptance from the educational institution – on official headed paper, stating the course’s name, duration and cost (including accommodation).
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances, eg
evidence of your:

-Previous study, eg academic certificates, references or transcripts
-English language qualifications, eg certificates or awards
-Accommodation and travel plans
-Permission to be in the country you’re applying from (if you’re not a national)
-Financial sponsor’s occupation, income, savings or funds that will support your

If you’re under 18

If you’re under 18 you need to provide additional documents if:
-You’re travelling on your own
-You’re travelling with someone who isn’t your parent or guardian

Travelling on your own

You can travel to the UK without an adult (someone 18 or over).
Your parent or guardian needs to provide their:
-Written consent for you to travel to the UK
-Full contact details
They also need to provide proof that you have somewhere suitable to live during your
stay in the UK, including:
-The name and date of birth of the person that you will be staying with
-An address where you will be living
-Details of your relationship to the person who’ll be looking after you
-Consent in writing so they can look after you during your stay in the UK You must provide a letter from the school confirming it has notified the local authority of your visit and your care arrangements if:
-You’ll be studying in the UK during your stay
-You’re under 16

You must include the reply from the local authority if the school has received one.

Travelling with an adult

When travelling to the UK with an adult (someone 18 or over), you need to identify them in your visa application.

Their name will appear on your visa, and you’ll be refused entry to the UK if you arrive in the UK without them.

You can identify up to 2 adults in your visa application, and your visa will only be valid if you travel with at least one of them.

The adult can apply for a visa at the same time, but you must each complete separate applications.

Some accommodations increase their price in summer season, contact our team for more information.